Women4IT Testimonial - Junior Web Developer
I am Chinthuja. I am from Kerala, India. I have been living in Donegal, Ireland for the past 5 years. I did a course for Junior Web Developer with Women4IT, ran by ICS and Sureskills. It landed me an internship with Irish Revenue Commissioners. Prior to joining the course with Women4IT, I was unable to get any internships or jobs even though I had a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering and Post-Graduation in Cloud computing as I lacked real-time working experience. This course provided me a hands-on experience in front-end development.
- Why did you decide to start the Women4IT course? Even though I had coding skills in back-end development I lacked hands-on experience in front-end development which prompted me to join the course.
- How was your experience with the course? The three-month course was one of the best crash courses that could cover front-end development.
- What have you learned during the course? Other than experience in website development it helped to raise my confidence level.
- What has the course given you? The course provided me adequate knowledge and confidence to kickstart my career.
- How have you grown professionally? Professionally I gained knowledge on front-end development helping me to be a better full stack developer
- How have you grown personally? The course immensely increased my confidence level and positive approach. Mentors were so helpful to the point of responding back immediately to any queries, they guided me well to properly structure my CV and bringing in various opportunities.
- Would you recommend it to a friend? Why? Sure. I would like to recommend the course to my friends as joining this course was one of the best decisions I ever made. It was a turning point in my life. I hope it can help my friends who are struggling to get back to their careers for a comeback.
- Anything else you would like to share with us? I had a wonderful experience with the course. I would recommend it to anyone out there who is struggling to get back to their career.